Ann Arbor Camera Club - Local Events
- Michigan Theater Tour - Mon, Feb 18th - Get a behind-the-scenes look at Ann Arbor's historic Michigan Theater. Learn more about the theater's history from its construction in 1928 to the story about how it was saved from the wrecking ball in 1979. For more information and to sign up, contact Sandy Prochazka at email@example.com.
- Night Photo Walk - Wed, Mar 6th - Chris Smith will lead a night photo walk around the University of Michigan Campus, time to be determined and weather permitting. Chris will provide more information during his presentation at the AACC meeting on March 5th.
- Ann Arbor City Club Photo Exhibition - The Ann Arbor Camera Club was selected for an exhibition at the Ann Arbor City Club, displaying from March 25th to May 13th 2019. Each club member may submit one print for the exhibition; this is not a themed or juried show. Details on submitting photos can be found on the Members Only page. The opening reception will be on Thurs, April 4th from 6:30-8:00pm. Address: 1830 Washtenaw Ave, Ann Arbor.
- Nightly Images: Catie Newell - A collection of images that capture an instant in Detroit when darkness is displaced and light mis-registers the urban landscape. The Halsted Gallery located at 2235 Cole Street, Birmingham, MI.
- Lost & Found: Photographs from the DIA’s Collection - A fascinating look at rediscovered photographs (referred to as “found” photography) rescued from attics, resale shops, online sources and the Detroit Institute of Arts’ archives, on view from Aug 26, 2018 to Mar 3, 2019. Address: 5200 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI
- If Only We Could Dream Together - Weaving together twentieth and early twenty first century documentary photographs and artworks, If Only We Could Dream Together asks viewers to consider their position as a collective voice against the backdrop of the more individual narratives encouraged by the American dream. Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum. Jan 12 to Mar 5, 2019. Address: 547 E Circle Dr, East Lansing, MI 48824.
The Washtenaw Community College Division of Economic and Community Development offers classes in Digital Photography.